GSM PLC Based System
Product Code : GSM PLC Based System
Brand Name : Siemens
This application shows how to set up a simple system for switching and signaling by means of SMS messages. The field of application used as an example is a drink vending machine. At regular intervals, the automatic machine checks:
- The remaining stock of the different types of beverages
- The coin box level
- The cooling system temperature. In addition, unauthorized opening of the front is detected using a sensor.
The automatic machine reacts independently to specific events such as exceeding/falling below limits and informs the maintenance staff. Irrespective of that, the automatic machine answers requests that have been received for process values.
This automation problem results in the following details regarding the functions of the solution:
- Sending an SMS message to one parameterizable phone number.
- Process values can be integrated in the message text.
- The send routine can be started from the user program of the controller using a trigger.
- Sending a message to several subscribers (Broadcast)
- Sending a message with subsequent waiting for acknowledgement (Escalation)
- Receiving messages.
Depending on the message text,
- requested values are read out of the controller and sent to a mobile phone
- received commands are executed in the controller and a confirmation/error message is sent to the mobile phone.